JanduSoft are well known for filling out console libraries with all manner of game types. Today, not only do they drop Micro Pico Racers to Xbox, but they cover the full-on shmup side of things with launch of Galactic Wars EX too.
Available to purchase and download today on Xbox One and Xbox Series X|S, following on from launch on PlayStation, Switch and PC a week ago, Galactic Wars EX is one of those old-school shmups that have dominated the scene over the years.
This one costs £6.69 and is unashamedly a retro shoot ’em up. With the choice of three unique ship types, you’ll be tasked with navigating your way through swarms of buggy baddies, shooting, dodging and shooting some more as you go.
Doing so in a solo manner is possible, but Galactic Wars EX will also let you go shooting ’em up with a friend via local cooperative play, helping you go high-score chasing in the process. All this will take place via 60fps HD gameplay, witha chiptune soundtrack powering things along.
Expect the most key of features to sit as follows…
- – Galactic Wars EX mixes the best of old-school and modern shoot’em up mechanics to create a unique retro gaming experience.
- – Fly solo or team up with a friend in a local co-op.
- – Utilize a wide variety of weapons and power-ups, aim for higher scores with bonuses and multipliers
- – Do it all in a blistering 60FPS HD presentation
- – Original chiptune soundtrack!
- – Blast through 3 stages with bosses and mini bosses to overcome along the way.
If you’re after a review then stay tuned for ours. We’re planning on going hands-on with Galactic Wars EX on Xbox Series X|S very soon. Play it for yourself by heading to the Xbox Store.
Blast off for a retro shmup experience! The invasion is imminent and only you can put an end to this galactic alert! Inspired by genre classics and packed with nostalgic gameplay elements, Galactic Wars EX goes the extra lightyear by using real hardware palettes and specs for pixel perfect authenticity! Select from 3 unique ships, each with strengths and weaknesses balanced to match your preferred playstyle, then launch into side-scrolling action against swarms of bug-like baddies ready to cut your mission short.