If you’re looking to get a PS5, make sure you know this easy Best Buy restock trick to help you secure your console!
Getting a PS5 has been extremely difficult ever since the console was released. Even 18 months later, it isn’t any easier.
And while the PS5 stock shortage is set to continue throughout 2022, this doesn’t mean you should give up on getting a new console. There are still plenty of opportunities to get a PS5 if you know what to do.
For example, you can make sure to sign up for PlayStation Direct PS5 restocks or even find out when your local Target store has PS5s in stock.
However, the best method to secure a PS5 might be the ‘Toggle Trick’ customers use to purchase one from Best Buy. Here’s how you can do it!
How to Easily Buy a PS5 From Best Buy – Toggle Trick
The Best Buy ‘Toggle Trick’ is still the easiest way to get a PS5 from the retailer even when it looks like the console is out of stock!
Here’s how to use the Best Buy ‘Toggle Trick’ to purchase a PS5 from the retailer:
- Firstly, you’ll need to download and log in to the Best Buy app. Sign up if you don’t already have an account.
- Search for the PS5 or PS5 Digital Edition on the app.
- Next, at the top of the search page there will be a toggle that says ‘In stock at (local store)’. Toggle this on and off.
- If the PS5 console appears when the toggle is switched on, that particular store could have PS5s to sell.
- If the PS5 doesn’t appear with the toggle on, change the location and try the trick with another local Best Buy store.
- Then, you’ll have to head to the Best Buy store that may have the PS5 and ask customer service if they have it.
- You’ll need to use the SKU 6426149 for the PS5 or 6430161 for the PS5 Digital.
- If they report it is out of stock, you can also try asking the electronics department or the store manager. Always make sure to ask politely!
Read More: How to Buy a PS5 or Xbox Series X From Best Buy
There’s no guarantee that this method will get you a console straight away. However, many customers on the PS5Restock subreddit have used the ‘Toggle Trick’ to successfully get a PS5 from Best Buy!
In other news, Sony has revealed the release date for PlayStation Plus Premium and Extra. These new subscription tiers will add a huge games library for members.
Additionally, if you’re getting a new console, you’ll need some games for it. Here’s our list of the best PS5 games so far!