In the old days, it was much simpler to lend a buddy a game disc or cartridge than it is now. But now, since most games are downloaded digitally, it is not possible to lend the game disc. But, PlayStation still allows you to share games on PS4. Yes, you heard it right.
You may share games with your friends and family on Sony’s PS4 if they have a PlayStation Network (PSN) account and are a member of the PlayStation Plus subscription. There are two methods by which you can share your games i.e. Game Share and Share Play. But, you may be thinking about how. Don’t worry, read this article to know all about it.
In this article, we’ll discuss what’s Share play is and how to game share on PS4.
What is Game Share on PS4?
As the name suggests, the game share is a feature by which you can share your digitally stored games on PS4 with your friends. Sharing a game is like sharing a book or a DVD, and it’s a wonderful feature. It just has to be owned by one person for the other PS4 owner to be able to “borrow” it. However, there are certain conditions that you need to follow. Some of them are mentioned below.
- Check to see whether you’ve got PlayStation Plus – You and the other player must both have PlayStation Plus memberships in order to game share.
- You can only share one game with one person at a time – There’s a possibility of you getting banned if you try to share the game with a third person. There’s a risk that your account may get blocked.
- You should be cautious about who you share your game – To share the game with another person, you need to share your personal account detail with that person. So, be careful with whom you share your game.
Note – Both the players need to have the Play Station Plus subscription but only one player needs to have the actual game.
How to Game Share on PS4 With Friends?
Now that we have fully understood what Game share is and what is it requisites, let’s move on to the procedure to share your game with friends. The procedure is pretty much simple and doesn’t require any technical expertise. Just follow the below steps and you are good to go.
That’s all, your buddy will be able to view and play all of your games in their library. Let us know how it goes.
What is Share Play in PS4?
You can share your game screen with another PS4 player via Share Play. As an option, you can allow your friend to take control of the game and play it in your place, or you can join the game and play it together.
For those who don’t want to provide their friends or family members complete access to their PS4’s game collection, or if you don’t have access to their PS4 system, Share Play may be a better option. Sony’s Share Play function enables you to give over control of the game you’re playing to a buddy, while you can watch them play at the same time.
How to use Share Play on PS4?
PS4s running system software 2.0 or above are required for this method to work. In addition, a 2Mbps upload speed is suggested by Sony. If you’re going to use Share Play with a buddy, make sure you’re both friends on PSN. Follow the below steps to use Share Play on PS4.
- On your PS4 home screen, tap on “Party“.
- Now, tap on “Start Party”.
- On the next page, tap on “Create Group”. Now add players with whom you want to play with by tapping on “Add Players”.
- After inviting, start the game that you want to play.
- On your controller, press the “Share” button and then choose “Share Play” on the screen.
- Now, select the friend with whom you want to play. Tell them to accept your invitation. As soon as the invitation is started, a timer of 60 minutes will start. You can share your game for 60 minutes.
That’s how you can use Game Share on PS4. I hope you understood both the methods to share your games with friends and family. Choose your friends wisely with whom you want to play the game because they’ll have your account details. In case of any doubt, do let us know in the comment section below.